Fireworks Safety Tips
During this New Year season many consumers purchase fireworks for their New Year’s Celebration. Fireworks safety is very important when dealing with Fireworks. Before retail, third party safety management goes through and tests the fireworks before shipping to the United States. The National Council on Fireworks Safety gives some Fireworks Safety Tips on how to handle fireworks this season.
- Always purchase fireworks from a trustable source.
- Use fireworks as directed on consumer product safety label; never alter products.
- Observe local laws and use good common sense
- Hire a designated shooter to organize your family show.
- A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities.
- Parents should not allow young children to handle or use fireworks.
- Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks.
- Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor trash can.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
The National Council on Fireworks Safety is a non profit organization that urges people to report illegal firework activity. They believe in keeping the public safe from illegitimate fireworks. Click here to download their membership application if you are interested to be a part of their cause. Here at The Fireworks Lady, we provide quality fireworks. We can give you Fireworks safety tips, and recommend you the kind of fireworks you are looking for. If you want a grand show this New Year’s season then please consider us as your fireworks provider!